Monday, September 1, 2014

Two blue kingfishers

Collared Kingfisher (Todiramphus chloris)

 Around 4 pm this afternoon while paying a visit to Bintulu town, I dropped by at the Pantai Temasya beach, some 4 km from Bintulu town center.  I was kind of lucky to see two beautiful blue  Collared Kingfishers perching on a tall dead tree.  It is very common to see this type of kingfisher at this beach and are often seen perching on  tall casuarina trees that are a feature of the coastal vegetation here.  To see two of them was somehow delightful for me.  All these while I could only capture it solitary.  As a side attraction I noticed a single Common Sandpiper among the rocks.  It dawned upon me the reason why it prefer the rocky landscape.  Its light brown body easily camouflaged itself among the rocks.
Camouflaged among the rocks - Common Sandpiper (Actitis hypoleucos)

Common Sandpiper (Actitis hypoleucos)

Two blue kingfishers
View of development near the Pantai Temasya beach, Tg. Batu, Bintulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment