Thursday, October 23, 2014

Playful and loyal Dark-sided Flycatcher

Dark-sided Flycatcher (Muscicapa sibirica)
Date taken : 23 Oct'14, Zone B

 I am astonished by the loyalty of this bird.  It is my first sighting at Kambatik Park, a few days ago.  Today she was again at the same perch the last time I met her.  Is she trying to make me her friend?  The three times I met her she repeatedly moved about three or four low perches at Zone B around me.  Three times I went there in the morning she would be there as if we have fixed our appointment time. Upon checking the literature and pictures I am convinced that the bird is the Dark-sided Flycatcher . It is a winter visitor to the tropics from Northern and Central Asia (Himalayas and Yunnan). It seemed a playful and lively bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment