Friday, March 6, 2015

Early morning captures at the park

Little Green Pigeon from a distance
Cempedak Hill, Zone G
Kambatik Park, Bintulu.


 This morning was a wonderful time for birding at the park.  The clear blue sky made the pictures like postcards.  A pair of Little Green Pigeon was perching on their favourite perch at the Cempedak Hill.  They saw me but did not seem to be bothered with my presence.  I too respected their cooperation and left the scene with them still spending the early morning hours on the perch  while I moved to another location. At the Pazau lookout I saw  a few Blue-throated Bee-eaters resting on the perches in between their sorties.  Finally to close the early morning birding which took me between 7 - 8.30 am I stumbled upon a Philippine Glossy Starling.  It has been a worthwhile walk around the park.  More photoshoots below....
Lovely pair of Little Green Pigeon, colourful male is at left.


Philippines Glossy Starling

Blue-throated Bee-eater

Bee-eaters seen from a distance
Pazau lookout

No comments:

Post a Comment